ABSOLU ELLE, leading pageant training and modeling academy in India writes week after week on topics related to pageantry and personality development. Our topic today is being yourself with an apology.
Stay true to yourself, behave in a natural way rather than trying to pretend to be someone that you are not, or pretend to be different. Don’t try too hard, just be yourself.
It does not take much to be your authentic self if few points are kept in mind.
1. Stay true to yourself: you know yourself best than anyone else knows you, your strengths, weaknesses, right, wrong everything. Don’t live in pretense.
2. Never make the same mistake twice: you must learn from your mistakes. Don’t keep repeating the same mistake again and again. People stop taking you seriously once they realize that you don’t learn from your mistakes.
3. Spend your time wisely: Do everything that makes you happy even if people think otherwise. Find a hobby and passionately follow it.
4. Don’t be a critic: Love yourself and stop criticizing yourself for anything. Put yourself first followed by all others. Never let any negative thoughts come close to you. Think good, think positive.
5. Love yourself for who you are: There is no need for pretense. Love yourself for who you are. You have come so far with all up and down, rough times that have made you stronger with each passing day. So, love yourself and don’t apologize often.
6. Don’t worry about how others think of you: There are very few who have the courage to tell your rights and wrong except those true friends and family don’t worry ever how others think of you, live life queen size.
7. Be unapologetic, be unabashed: I personally love these two words. Don’t fear the judgment of anything. Just love yourself, do everything you wish to that makes you happy. Learn to live life unapologetically.
8. Learn to say NO: Most of us, if not all of us cannot say No. Most of the time we regret saying yes to others, but we understand it’s late. Learn to say No if it doesn’t make you happy doing things.
9. Don’t look for approval: Being yourself means living life the way you wish to live it, regardless of other people’s opinions and it simply means you respect yourself. Don’t worry about what others think, you cannot control their thoughts. If you like the way you are and you are happy then that’s all that matters.
10. Forgive yourself: Allow yourself to forgive past errors and past behaviors you are not so proud of. You had your reasons for them and the decision made sense at that time, so instead of harnessing yourself to past mistakes, allow yourself to learn their lessons and continue to grow.
Oscar Wilde once said with his usual wit: Be yourself, everyone else is already taken. As humorous as it might seem, it’s a basic summation of the truth. Know, understand and accept yourself. Finding through trial and error helps more than you might think it does.
We continue to write and cover as many topics as we can related to pageantry and personality development. For more details check out our website www.pageanttraining.in