Absolu Elle, leading pageant training and modeling academy in India writes week after week on topics related to pageantry and personality development.
Our topic for today is picture perfect and this is related more to your makeup than you intend to do for a perfect picture.
Makeup must for gorgeous photos
- Avoid going for a dark foundation shade. Buy shade that matches your skin and does not look either too dark or light. Also remember foundation if not the right color turns to oxidize, which means the foundation starts darkening or turning orange after it’s applied to your face. It’s due to the foundation ingredient iron oxide reacting to the oxygen in the air. Always choose your foundation as close to the day as possible.
- Matte blush is a must, keep away from too much shimmer. For cheeks just stay away from shimmer, for eyelids keep shimmer strictly to the lids.
- Primer is a must and it helps in keeping makeup intact. It’s like exactly the base coat of manicure. Oil-free versions of primer are best and also sensitive skin-friendly. The makeup settles very well once you apply primer which should not be more than the size of a pea.
- Say NO to SPF. Primer and foundation should be SPF-free. A formula containing SPF-free casts a ghostlike glow with the camera’s flash.
- Eyeliner works best when you start from the center and work your way to the outer edge. Lining the entire lid will cause the eyes to appear smaller. Use a slanted brush with a dark shadow to line lower lids.
- Makeup is always more. Even less is more. A camera flash will wash out colors. Try a dramatic finished look, it wouldn’t be photographed that way.
- Blend, blend, blend when it comes to foundation, concealer, cheek contouring, and eye shadow. Brushes of good quality will do their magic. The camera light will highlight unblended edges, creating a clown-like look and unblended concealer will highlight fine lines.
- Mellow Yellow, to set makeup to choose yellow powder than translucent powder, translucent cast a white glow when photographed.
- Always have makeup applied in natural light. It indicates best how it will look when photographed.
- Practice run works best before the photoshoot. Do not try everything new on the same day of the photoshoot. Consultation and dry run are essential to creating the perfect final look.