ABSOLU ELLE, leading pageant training and modeling academy in India writes week after week on topics related to pageantry and personality development.
The topic of today is pageant tips for women who plan to participate for the first time.
- Research well on the pageant that you wish to participate in: make sure you read all terms and conditions before you say yes, the pageant fees should be paid on time so that there is no penalty.
- Pre-Pageant grooming: To master the skills of pageantry is very important. Check if you need a pageant coach who will train you from makeup to ramp walk to a strong introduction to Q n A.
- Be immaculately groomed long before you leave to complete: don’t leave your hair color, manicure, pedicure, hair treatment for the last minute, no new face cream or cosmetics to be tried last minute, everything should be done one week prior to your departure date.
- Checking things off of your “to-do” list: you are going to be very busy trying to get in your last-minute things, workout, practicing introduction, and Q n A. But keep an eye on your “to do” list. Make sure you do not forget anything to pack that you require at the pageant.
- Get your beauty sleep: pageant scenarios are usually very time-consuming, there are grooming sessions that go on for hours. You will be feeling a lot of pressure and you will be extremely busy most of the time. You need some added boost when time gets tough. So, invest in your sleep bank.
- Conserve your energy: You will be burning the candle at both ends, one side it’s sightseeing, participate in events organized by the pageant organizers, and on the other hand rehearsing and grooming for the pageant. Take little breaks, put your feet up, and chill.
- You are not at the pageant to make friends: Be humble, kind and friendly always at the pageant but never forget that you are not there to make friends. Socialize but don’t look for making someone your best friend.
- The pageant is networking opportunities: Though a pageant is not the place to make best friends you cannot overlook the opportunities, so networking is important. There are many organizers who are influential that can help you a long way in your pageant career. So don’t miss out on any opportunity with contestants or the organizers.
- Don’t go off your diet plan: Grooming sessions may take a lot of your time but still, you should try working out atheist for half an hour, you can do yoga, pilates, plank, or anything that you like. Just because you are at the pageant does not mean you can leave your workout, with that follow the diet you have been on before or during the pageant.
- Stick to your guns: There is much advice, do’s and don’ts that your fellow contestants will try giving you, where your introduction, preparation of Q n A and ramp walk is concerned. Just stick to your guns and follow as advised by your pageant coach.
- Don’t forget to be thankful: Thank your family n friends when you are posting on social media because it makes them feel like they have really helped you reach your dreams. Along the same lines, don’t forget to thank your organizers and sponsors too.
Many more topics to be discussed until we meet next. Follow us on Facebook and Instagram to see success stories.